What Can Democratic Participation Mean Today?
WARREN Mark E. (2002), "What Can Democratic Participation Mean Today?",Political Theory, n°30/5, pp.677-701.
Plan de l'articleThe Problem of Diminished Democratic Expectations The New Landscape of Democracy
- Pluralization and Reflexivity
- Democracy Ought to Follow Politics, Not Political Institutions
- Opportunities for Democratic Participation in Formal Political Institutions May Be Limited, but Opportunities in Society and Economy Are Not
- Political Association Based on Territory Limits the Scope of Participation; Association Based on Issues Does Not
- Issue- and Sector -Based Devolution Provide Targets of Opportunity for Democratic Participation
- The Reflexive State: Using Law to Structure Democratic Processes
- Democratizing Society Democratizes the State
- Even Progressive Democracy Is Subject to the Division of Labor
- Democratic Equality Is Complex Equality